This fly is a general pattern for Olive baetis flies found hatching on many rivers. It uses deer hair as a wing.
The fly was tied as it was requested during a fly tying tutorial run by the club.
- Silk – Semperfli Nano Silk, yellow, 18/0 (30D)
- Hook – Ahrex FW 503, size 16
- Tails – Moose body hairs (microfibetts could be used as an alternative).
- Rib – Pearsalls Gossamer silk colour 6A or similar
- Butt – Fly-Rite dubbing in No17
- Body – Fly-Rite dubbing in No 42
- Wing – Deer hair colour to match, and taken from the flank of the deer (small in length and not too large in hair diameter)
- Thorax – Fly-Rite dubbing No 42
- Hackle – Good quality dry fly hackle or cock saddle feather.
To view how the fly is tied simply watch the video below