This fly has been tied specifically to show some of the techniques that can be used to tie in the wing securely following the fly dressing video tutorials.
- Hook – Ahrex double salmon size 8
- Silk – Semperfli Nano Silk, white, 12/0 (50D) and Sheer, black, 14/0 for the head.
- Tai – Golden Pheasant Crest feathers
- Tag – Oval Silver tinsel
- Butt – Yellow floss (optional)
- Rib – Small silver oval tinsel
- Body – Black floss
- Hackle – Black hen or Chinese cock cape
- Beard – Dyed blue Guinea fowl tail feather
- Under Wing – Red bucktail
- Over Wing – Yellow bucktail
- Sides – Orange dyed Mirror flash (optional)
To see how to tie this fly view the video below:
The below image shows the pattern tied with a yellow butt.