Pot Weave Shrimp
A video showing how to complete this fly using the ‘Pot Weave’
I was asked by one of the forum members from the UK Fly Forum to put this video together so that they could perfect the Pot Weave.
I have tied this pattern that I use for grayling in the main but it also works for trout to show the technique.
Materials required are as follows:
- Hook: Grub hook to suit. In this case, I have used a Partridge Grub hook size 8
- Silk: 70 denier white uni nylon
- Underbody: Square lead wire.
- Body: Embroidery silk yarn in olive
- Legs: Grey dyed Ostrich herl
- Rib: Monofilament line
- Shell Back: Nymph skin coloured with a Pantone pen
- ‘Fishin’ Glue or super glue.