This is a classic wild brown trout pattern for use on lochs or stillwaters, whether you are on a boat or fishing from the bank. Normally fished as a top dropper on a team of two or three flies and fished just below the surface. The Front hackle creates movement in the surface film and is a great fish taker.
- Silk: Black or white 8/0
- Tail: Golden pheasant crest. Yellow Glow Bright No 10 (optional)
- Rib: Silver oval size small
- Body: Black seal’s fur dubbing.
- Body Hackle: Black cock (Chinese or saddle)
- Collar Hackle: Red game hen or cock
- Head: Black