Home Forums Trout & Grayling Fishing Ty Mawr 7th April 2012

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I fished the beat today and it was a strange start in that I missed the first 4 fish on a grannom emerger only to find out when i checked the hook that it had broken at the bend. We live and learn i should have checked it after the first fish.

Today was the first real hatch i have seen of grannom as they were coming off in their thousands. Fish were moving but it was really hard to hit them. In frustration I continued with both pupa a adult and managed to take some 4 fish but I knew I should be hitting more.

i changed tactics completely and put on an old favourite olive pattern and took 6 fish in 6 casts.
    Following a cuppa I took another 6 fish with the same pattern

A better end to the day than the start

Nothing really big but it was brilliant to see so many fish moving at last

mmMark Roberts
    Keymaster

From Jaygee

Fished Ty Mawr around lunch time on Saturday, some good flurries of grannom about, though I suspect I missed the hatch proper. I did find a pod of fish rising regularly and managed to winkle out three of them, rose a few more but didn’t even touch them???? The best of them is pictured, around 2lb, not the best of poses I’m always in a hurry when I’m returning fish. The fly? One of Dave Collins grannom emergers that I ”acquired” off Chris Price a few days previous.Thanks Chris :wink: thanks Dave :wink: .
    Jaygee

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.