Trout at Dan y Warren2018-05-20T21:04:28+00:00

Home Forums What’s happening on the river Trout at Dan y Warren

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Spent the last two afternoons at Dan y Warren where it was their Open Gardens weekend. They’d asked if someone from the club would be on hand to show something of fishing and insect life. Quite a few visitors actually seemed interested – a piscatorial diversion from flowers, cake and tea! What I can report is that the river has finally woken up at last. Last Thursday water temperatures were 11-12 degrees; over the last two days they have climbed to 15-16 degrees and fly┬álife has burgeoned. MIni-caddis, YMs, OUs, LBDs and even a few mayfly. I had a few fish yesterday afternoon and missed more than I hooked. Today with a pretty strong upstream wind, I fished a couple of hours in the morning and then in the afternoon, around visits from the punters. In all today, I had nine fish about half of which were =/< nine inches (good news) and the others 12-16″, the latter a bonnie two pounder. One on a FBPTN, fishing duo, and the rest off the top on OU and LBD dun and emerger patterns. With the river thinning down quickly and this week’s forecast heat, we’ll soon be complaining that the river is too hot!!!!!!! GO for it!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.