Home Forums General Questions & Answers Top beat marker on Pen-Y-Wollord

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi

I was wondering exactly how far upstream we can fish from the Memorial pool the map says 50 metres.
    The reason I ask is I was shouted at last year by some guy on the Abergavenny side who said I should have been fishing below the rapids. As I couldn’t argue with him I just ignored him (which made him shout louder!!!).
    The footbridge on the Abergavenny side marks the boundary on the other side but its guess work on the GAS side. Just to make things more awkward you cannot see the footbridge when you are in the river.
    Is the boundary 50 metres from above or below the rapids or say 90 degrees across the river from the footbridge.
    Might also be worth having a word with the fish as well as they always seem to be just that little bit further upstream than I can reach. lol

mmMark Roberts
    Keymaster

Hi
    to answer your question it is above the run but not as high as 50 metres. Your best bet is to ask Mike Shaw our bailiff who will be able to show you exactly how far up you can go. It has become confusing due to the movement of the gravel and stone there and the marker post has been buried. Check your beat map and you will be able to work it out if Mike is not around.
    cheers
    Mark

Gareth
    Participant

Hi Mark

Having another look at the map and transposing it onto Google maps (Basically lining up the marks on the map with the hospital). It would appear whoever was shouting at me was correct if not 100% accurate.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/51% … d-3.040134

So in short we are allowed to fish below the rapids not above!

Our map also states parking is possible behind Qwikfit. I suspect this may have been a while ago as I believe the car park is now only for Resident of the cottages opposite! I noticed a Private Car park sign appeared there a while back.
    Waitrose have a time restriction on the use of their car park and I have heard of people being fined.
    Cheers

mmMark Roberts
    Keymaster

There is specific parking behind the gate by the cottages which has some large boulders in it. You can get three cars in there or two 4X4 vehicles. Whatever you do do not block the gate to the field.
    cheers
    Mark

Gareth
    Participant

or run over Mike’s chickens. lol

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.