I had a little bit of an issue the last time my friend and I went out in our Oasis. It was our 2nd time using our Garmin FF, first time it worked flawlessly. The second time we went out, it initially kept giving an error that the transducer was not connected. We tried disconnecting and reconnecting the plug on the back several times, it did not help so we beached the kayak and I wiggled the wire connection inside the kayak, where the wire from the transducer connects to the wire that plugs directly into the FF. We got an image and thought “great, good to go!” went out on the water, and while it could tell the depth, there was static all over the screen. We proceeded fishing minus the ability to see fish for the day.
I didn’t find the right solution from the Internet.