Home Forums General Questions & Answers Casting Clinic Sunday 19th June 2016 Cancelled

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Hi all
    due to the continue unpredictable weather and the potential for the river to be in flood by Sunday as well as the potential for thunder and lightening storms I have made the decision to cancel the next casting/fishing skills clinic. The next will be on Sunday 30th June 2016 again at Ty Mawr where I am hoping Gareth lewis will be demonstrating and showing you how to fish with the French nymphing technique followed with an opportunity to practise it with guidance.

tom bugs

Thanks Mark – great to know the events are more than ‘just’ casting. I really hope I can come along to the one on 30th.

Gareth
    Participant

Ditto Tom I thought they were only about casting.
    Subject to life not getting in the way I’ll be there but not on Sunday 30th June as its a Thurday.
    I just emailed Mark so expect a new date in due course.

mmMark Roberts
    Keymaster

Before you can learn the different discplines of fly fishing you need to understand how to deliver the fly. The events have always been about fishing. You missed the opportunity on the last one for an in depth explanation of the entomology on our beat and then the explanation of what fly represents what insect and why you would use one over the other.
    We can only create the opportunity it is up to the individual to take advantage of it.
    Cheers
    Mark

Gareth
    Participant

Hi Mark

I suppose the regular attendants would be told the agenda for the next meeting so they know whats going on.
    Maybe a couple of lines in the news letter would be helpful to those who didn’t get briefed.

I said somewhere previously my weekends are rarely free! and I appreciate you cannot cater for everyone but maybe a video of the talks and those of us that want it could pay a couple of quid via paypal to download it?
    Just a thought.
    Regards
    Gareth

mmMark Roberts
    Keymaster

Hi Gareth
    you may want to check out this area of the website
    https://www.gwentanglingsociety.co.uk/fishing-skills
    cheers
    Mark

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.