Dan Y Warren Evening 2nd June 2017 2017-06-03T00:33:24+00:00

Home Forums What’s happening on the river Dan Y Warren Evening 2nd June 2017

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    #20860 |

I went to Dan Y Warren this evening with Justin to place the new beat signs noting the start and end of the beat. I thought it my be prudent to book the beat for the evening session so took my rod and kit down with me.
    On our arrival there were fish and of a good size moving everywhere throughout the beat. We watched for a while after sorting the signs. (Well Justin did really. I just pointed fingers) he Left and I went to fish.

First cast a fish was on. I fished initially with the size 16 Jingler pattern that has proven so effective to date and landed 4 on that and missed another 2.
    Most fish were in really shallow runs of inches.

I decided to try a snowshoe yellow quilled emerger and what a good decision that was. I landed another 4 fish on that and got smashed by two others.

Best fish was a good 2lbs plus. No photo of that as it jumped once I had removed the hook.
    Set up was a leader down to .12 over 20 feet long. A must in these low clear conditions, hence the smashes I think.

What a great venue. we are lucky to have this and if you haven’t fished it yet don’t leave it too long

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.